Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Happy Guy Fawkes Day Cherie, Gus, Jake, & Co....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member SouthwestRanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 7th, 2006
    Posts
    583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile Happy Guy Fawkes Day Cherie, Gus, Jake, & Co....

    REMEMBER REMEMBER THE FIFTH OF NOVEMBER !!!!


    v for vendetta 20051208093357493 000

    In 1605, thirteen young men planned to blow up the Houses of Parliament. Among them was
    Guy Fawkes, Britain's most notorious traitor.


    After Queen Elizabeth I died in 1603, English Catholics who had been persecuted under her rule had hoped that her successor, James I, would be more tolerant of their religion. James I had, after all, had a Catholic mother. Unfortunately, James did not turn out to be more tolerant than Elizabeth and a number of young men, 13 to be exact, decided that violent action was the answer.

    A small group took shape, under the leadership of Robert Catesby. Catesby felt that violent action was warranted. Indeed, the thing to do was to blow up the Houses of Parliament. In doing so, they would kill the King, maybe even the Prince of Wales, and the Members of Parliament who were making life difficult for the Catholics. Today these conspirators would be known as extremists, or terrorists.

    To carry out their plan, the conspirators got hold of 36 barrels of gunpowder - and stored them in a cellar, just under the House of Lords.

    LINK
    [B][URL=http://thepenguinrocks.ning.com/]FIND OUT HOW THE PENGUIN ROCKS[/URL][/B]

    [B][url=http://www.monstermania.net/]BOYCOTT CHILLER THEATRE SUPPORT MONSTERMANIA !!! [/url][/B]

  2. #2
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow Re: Happy Guy Fawkes Day Cherie, Gus, Jake, & Co....

    Besides being Guy Fawkes Day, it's my Mom's Birthday, so as John Lennon suggested, in song, I always Remember Remember the 5th of November!
    lennon
    :2thumbsup:
    Gus

  3. #3
    Inactive Member raintown boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 14th, 2005
    Posts
    206
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Happy Guy Fawkes Day Cherie, Gus, Jake, & Co....

    Hope your mum had a good one, Gus. 5th November also happens to be my mum and dad's wedding anniversary, so they get fireworks every year. 55 years this time round, not bad going.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member SouthwestRanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 7th, 2006
    Posts
    583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking Re: Happy Guy Fawkes Day Cherie, Gus, Jake, & Co....

    Gus: Wish your Mum the very best from all of us....

    guy fawkes portrait

    GUY FAWKES

    Born: 13 April 1570, Stonegate, Yorkshire
    Died: 31 January 1606, Old Palace Yard, Westminster

    Guy Fawkes was the only son of Edward Fawkes of York and his wife Edith Blake. Prior to Fawkes's birth, Edith had given birth to a daughter Anne on 3 October 1568, but the infant lived a mere seven weeks, being buried on 14 November of the same year. Two sisters followed Guy, another Anne (who later married Henry Kilburns in Scotton in 1599) on 12 October 1572, and Elizabeth (who later married William Dickenson, also in Scotton, in 1594) on 27 May 1575.

    Edward Fawkes, who was descended from the Fawkes family of Farnley, was a notary or proctor of the ecclesiastical courts and advocate of the consistory court of the Archbishop of York. On his mother's side, he was descended from the Harrington family who were eminent merchants and Aldermen of York.

    FULL ARTICLE

    SR: According to some overseas friends I have, GF Day is a combination of Halloween, Mardi Gras, and a College Homecoming celebration....

    Reportedly rugrats go around collecting "penny for the guy" and playfully kick you if you don't cough up !
    [B][URL=http://thepenguinrocks.ning.com/]FIND OUT HOW THE PENGUIN ROCKS[/URL][/B]

    [B][url=http://www.monstermania.net/]BOYCOTT CHILLER THEATRE SUPPORT MONSTERMANIA !!! [/url][/B]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member raintown boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 14th, 2005
    Posts
    206
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Happy Guy Fawkes Day Cherie, Gus, Jake, & Co....

    Hi Gus. I've just realised how insensitive my reply to your comment on this post is, in view of the recent sadness in your life. I can't believe how stupid I've been. I hope you can forgive me, and know that I would never deliberately do anything that would offend you. I know that celebratory times can be the most painful of all after a loss, and I wish you and your mum the very best. Your friend, Paul

  6. #6
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Happy Guy Fawkes Day Cherie, Gus, Jake, & Co....

    Hey buddy!
    There is nothing to forgive. I didn't think your post was insensitive when I originally read it and I still don't think it is!
    I'm glad your parents are celebrating their anniversary! My folks celebrated their 60th in July and I think we all knew it would be their last.
    My dad suffered for so many years that when God took him home, although it was heartbreaking, the end of his suffering was almost a blessing!
    Thanks for caring enough to say what you said today. Your kindness touches my heart but, really, don't think you said anything that upset me.

    Your friend,
    Gus
    C'mon over to California Paradise...a friendly hangout for Runaways fans!
    [URL]http://dangerville.ning.com/[/URL]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic